Swimming is an intensive sport that works on overall fitness of the body. It’s a great workout exercise, a stress buster, an effective way to tone the body and a sport that also teaches you an important life skill. Learning how to swim can start as young as 3 years and it’s believed that once you learn you will never forget how to do it.
The right gear and equipment enhance the performance for every sport, including swimming. Swimming equipment is specially designed to better your swimming experience while also protecting certain body parts from harm. The water we swim in contain chlorine, that helps keep the water clean and germ-free. Sometimes, this chlorine can cause irritation to the eye and also lead to dryness and itchiness. That’s why it’s important to wear swimming goggles to protect the eye. Swimming goggles also help you see better underwater, resulting in better performance. You can also opt for anti fog goggles, depending on the temperature, to carry on without any hindrance. Swimming equipment is necessary if you are taking up swimming as an intensive workout or even if it’s just for a fun day out with friends and family.
How to buy swimming goggles?
Swimming goggles need to be the perfect size and fit for your specific need. It’s not something you can buy on recommendation unless you have tried them on yourself. The way the swimming goggle fits directly impacts your swimming performance. Too loose or too tight and you wouldn’t be able to gain from their benefit. Things to check when buying swimming goggles:
– Size and fit
– Quality of the lens
– Quality of the rubber strap that holds them in place
– Comfort on the nose
Buying swimming goggles is same like buying shoes; it has to be your perfect match to be able to enhance your performance. Swimming goggles are not a style statement; they are an essential part of swimming equipment and gear that serves multi-functions to help you improve your sport. Whether you are a professional swimmer, a beginner, an adult or a child; everyone must rely on the best swimming goggles and make the most of their swimming experience.
Other Important Tips on how to buy swimming goggles:
– If you wear spectacles, you want to buy swimming goggles with a prescription lens. It’s way easier to swim with prescription lens rather than wearing lenses as the latter sometimes cause irritation when exposed to chlorinated water.
– If you are swimming in open waters, wearing mirrored or polarized swimming goggles enhances the experience and helps you enjoy the swimming better. It also helps reduce the glare of the sun.
How to maintain your swimming goggles?
Like every other sports equipment, swimming goggles call for maintenance too. You need to do certain things to ensure a longer use and durability of your goggles. Here are some quick tips:
– Rinse your swimming goggles under fresh cold water after every swim to rinse off the chlorine and other chemicals. This helps keep the clean and increases their life.
– Do not put them in a box until they have dried off completely. Watermarks, or left over water can lead to the growth of bacteria and mold.
– Never keep your swimming goggles in hot water or direct sunlight as it affects the rubber and can also damage anti-fog lenses.
– Avoid using alcohol based solutions to remove grime or dirt. Instead, use a mild detergent and then rinse with cold fresh water.
– Do not rub harshly to clean, use a soft cloth to rub your lens.
– Always keep the swimming goggles in a protective case to keep it away from any kind of damage or exposure to high temperatures.
Swimming Guy is all about swimming and ways to enhance and elevate the sport’s experience. Get the best swimming goggles and make the best of it! Swimming goggles aid and enhance your swimming experience. If you buy the right ones, it will only make your swimming practice more fun and enjoyable. Always look for quality over looks and never leave your goggles exposed to damage.